Asian Development Outlook 2011
Developing Asia on Firm Rebound but Must Tackle Inflation
Developing Asia will continue to expand solidly over the next two years, even as inflation, geopolitical uncertainties, and the need to develop new sources of growth present looming challenges to policy makers. Read the news release.
Listen to ADB Chief Economist Changyong Rhee's podcast:
Asia Consolidating Economic Recovery | Watch on YouTube
- ADB, Partners to Help 5 Pacific Nations Reduce Fossil Fuel Use, 8 April 2011
- ADB, Japan to Reduce Poverty in Nepal's Disadvantaged Communities, 7 April 2011
- ADB, Australia Support Philippines' Drive for Better Infrastructure Through Public-Private Partnerships, 6 April 2011
Light in the Countryside
A broad approach to Bhutan's complex power challenges has kept people healthier, allowed children to learn better, and fueled a nascent tech boom.
Microfinance to the Rescue
People on Papua New Guinea's remote Manam Island and Madang Province are rebuilding after a disastrous volcanic eruption thanks to better banking solutions.
- ADBI-OECD-APEC Symposium and Roundtable on Investment for Balanced and Sustainable Growth, 5 to 8 April 2011
- Conference on Infrastructure for Inclusive Growth and Poverty Reduction, 14 to 15 April 2011
- ADB-ADBI Joint Seminar on the Asian Development Outlook 2011, 18 April
- International Collaborative Initiative on Trade and Employment (ICITE) Regional Conference: Asia, 18 to 19 April 2011
Asia Bond Monitor 2011 [ PDF ]
Emerging East Asia's local currency bond markets expanded by 13.6% to $5.2 trillion in 2010, driven by strong growth in corporate bonds that helped to offset a decline in issuance by central banks and some governments in the last quarter of 2010.
This edition of Development Asia looks at the state of disaster preparedness in the region, the economics of risk mitigation and the politics of disaster relief, and proactive strategies and innovative solutions.
Upcoming ADB Publications
- Case Studies from the Republic of Korea on Public–Private Partnership Infrastructure Project, Volumes 1 and 2
- Knowledge Products on Asian Ombudsmanship
- Energy Indicators